Monday, March 31, 2008

Help! The 'to-do' list is empty

I was suffering the constant gnaws in my conscience...Built triangularly around it with bold arrows pushing each side inward...you get the rather gory picture right?

Side 1
: Its summer vacation and I havent planned any constructive ways to occupy my childrens time. No holidays planned, no summer camps programmed...just the usual six hours at the creche where they can do whatever they please with fifteen other occupants of the space, who come in various shapes and guises - infants, toddlers, a resident grandma, a few ayahs and teachers, and one responsible seven year old.

Side 2: The never ending list of things i proposed to do around home when I get the time. SIMPLE ones like visiting the tailor, buying correct sized socks (of different, but unisex colours), coutning the number of spiders behind the TV; GRAND ones like installing the printer, figuring out the treadmill, growing plants etc.

Side 3: Work at office. If lesser elaborated, the sooner I can proceed with this post.

On Sunday afternoon, the husband was calling for a cab to take him to the airport... the smaller monster insisted that it too will accompany him on his trip(business) to Chennai....Why not! we said.... so we called to check about tix and BINGO they were off. Really and truly the monsters were whisked away by daddy dear to Chennai. And I have been alone ever since...(18 hours and counting the seconds...).

And now I seem to have nothing to do.

10 comments:

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

hey you check tickets, and BINGO land in mumbai. That will show that little V to abandon amma and gallivant off like that.

i am planning to organise a summer camp. shall i enroll your kids. We will do science stuff, but maybe also watch Cartoons for a bit and go have a nice running race in the stadium, on the nicely marked tracks.

my MIL is still guilt-tripping me and insisting that it missed me so much when i went to california that it got itself sick. i dont dare make any plans now. :(

Airspy said...

yes please, you can enroll them. is it at the famed DMS?

have no fear, have no guilt. our children are much braver than us and will not miss us for trifle things.

Choxbox said...

airspy: today is wednesday, what will you do tomorrow morning?

kbpm: sounds interesting! how many kids are you taking over? can i lend mine too?

Airspy said...

its 9:26 pm and they still havent slept. they migrated to my parents place in the afternoon. Hope my mom keeps her cool else i should book myself on Lalbagh Exp (6:30 am) . Keeping a lot of fingers crossed.

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

girls-
summer camp in mumbai. have not planned out any more details. waiting to finish off exams... its for those municipal school kids i teach, was kidding about airspy's kids participating!! i want do so some science stuff with them. have other ladies who have other ideas, and of course tons of NGOs that will participate. Right now I am getting Tshirts made for all of them, thats how far I have gotten with the planning!!

Airspy, dude relax. They will be fine. Heres a thought - go see a movie - I reco. Jab We Met.

Airspy said...

Ah T-shirts...remember the purple one we made for the hostel. I havent travelled north of bangalore at all for the past two years. I MUST visit mumbai sometime soon. May be october holidays since summer is not probable.

As my latest companion Psmith would say..." i shouldnt confuse the improbable with the impossible..."

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

Psmith is a damned good companion. if you find that last one (Journalist), please inform me. i will take the first flight out to Bangalore, despite the hassles involved with the new airport thing!!

Choxbox said...

updates airspy.

mine carted herself off for the entire day to a desi friend's. called to speak to the mom abt picking her up etc and she came on the phone and beggged me to let her stay over for the night. okay said i. only later realised that they keep windows open through the night and then she will catch a cold..

kbpm: wow. too cool you are. look, we know for long enough - now out the secret - HOW DO YOU DO SO MANY THINGS?
the purple t-shirts are making me all senti now. still have mine somewhere.

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

airspy, is bangalore exactly on the same latitude as chennai? i know that mangalore, chennai, and one more thing is on the same latitude. is it bangalore, with mysore being a tad south? or is it Mysore with b being a tad north? an important early morning question.....

Airspy said...

sigh! i dont have my atlas handy. But heres what google thinks.

Mysore: 12°18N
Mangalore: 12°-52’N
Bangalore: 12°58' N
Chennai: 13°.04' N