Saturday, October 13, 2007

Nametag, Navarathri, Mambalam and such..

Just got back after five days in Chennai. Yes, there was 'golu' all over the place. My daughter sang three items at the sight of any doll arrangements - be it at the temple, at a shop or in somebody's home - Twinkle Twinkle, Cheeni Kum, Guru Brahma. What a repertoire!

And they have banned autorichskaws from entering Pondy Bazaar and the Duraiswamy subway from the W.Mambalam side. And this really made the whole place a pedestrians haven. Saravana Stores Panagal Park resembled a gas chamber from the outside. In addition the whole of Usman road is being dug up for bridge/subways in all directions. Not to mention the nice GN Chetty Road. Thankfully they have stalled the roadwork for the festival/rainy season so that people dont fall inside those craters.

To wind up, just to prove I can also play nametag ... here goes..

A - Alarmed! At the suggestion of making myself an acronym.

I - Ignorant! About how I am going to fill four more

R - RSS: My current professional interest. Its the RSS that deals with content syndication, and not any ideology.

S - S, my son : seven summers seen, now soaking up sunny Sennai

P - Pythogoras! His life fascinates me, though i sometimes think he is the one who consumed hemlock or some such.

Y - YooHoo! I did it, this is the end. Nobody can say I played spoilsport in spreading the spirit of tagged expansions

7 comments:

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

hey hey airspy, you are back! thanks for the tag thing, its good. I like S.
Saravana Stores is something else isn't it? Do you know that not once, but twice, auto drivers charged me Rs.50 (one way) for going from Pothys to Saravana Stores? (Why was I not walking..err..i had gotten lost..and no, i have going to neither Pothys nor SS, just around those two places).

Choxbox said...

hey do i know you? 301?

Airspy said...

"...do i know you...?" That, i must say is quite dialectical. Let me probe and let you know...

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

how well do we know each other? if i had a dollar (oh what the heck, how about a euro) for all the times we have wondered such things, i would be so.. i dont know, sane perhaps???

this internet anonymity is sort of like a treasure hunt.

unfortunately, our geographical locations, and our leanings in terms of alma matters, are dead giveaways. in some instances, the first letters of our children's names (even if some of them are cleverly hidden in alliterations about sons), are HUGE giveaways. The straw that will break the legendary camel's back will be photos (not of us, god forbid), but of the devils we seem to have birthed. but yes, choxbox, random three digit numbers are a good way to go to. :)

Choxbox said...

yipppeee! i was right! yoohooo!

madraskaari said...

really, I thought that was the Socrates who consumed hemlock.

Airspy said...

Thanks madrasi. You are right. That was a pretty dumb error i made!