Saturday, November 17, 2007

This and That



Ah! The Radha came first, the vegetable vendor came second and the pink butterfly landed in the third spot. A victory for the mother's artistic talents.... Not to mention liberal scribbles from all the kids on our floor. A few muddy shoe-prints cleverly masked with glitter. It was fun. She sang her own version of the Gubachi song

The Diwali came and went so quickly. I usually wake up by 5am on Diwali (vaguely trying to emulate grandmoms who used to wake the whole household by 4am). This time I didnt set the alarm, convincing myself that I cant possibly sleep through the noise of crackers in the neighbourhood. I underestimated my capabilities and ended up waking up at 7 am. What a shame! It was too bright to do the flower pots and rockets and vishnu chakrams.

Anyways, quickly did damage control and the kids were out bursting crackers with all enthu. V was very much scared, but didnt want to show it! She would find some reason like 'I want to see the flower in your saree' to hide behind me.

And then the Mysore trip. First time in ages that an adult was accompanying me on any journey. So the kids were more or less taken (great) care by the husband. While I just had to do the driving. It was great. For everything one had to go to the palace circle and then take a detour. What simplicity!

6 comments:

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

hey airspy!
nice to hear of you driving to mysore. very brave of you, let me say that first! what do you mean you go to the palace for everything? of course not. (well, how would i know, dont know any place from any place else and have been known to get lost on my way back home from school).
congratulations on the butterfly effect. am sure V was a very beautiful little butterfly!!

Airspy said...

I couldnt take pix of the b.fly. hopefully the teachers have and will deem it fit to pass it on to me sometime. I challenge you on Mysore Geog. Yadavgiri is indeed very close to Jayalskhmipuram! Check with R K Laxman probably

Choxbox said...

hey airspy, you DROVE all the way to mysore? i bow to thee lady.

how could you not take pix of the butterfly? you'd promised too (check comments of the post before this one).

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

airspy, i realised during a session of writing with the kid what the reason for airspy as a name for this page, might be. stop making fun of my geography, see, i do better in word games (even if it takes me a month; despite the training for four years in the back benches of MSB).

Choxbox said...

taaaaaaaaaagged.

Airspy said...

Choxbox, the road to Mysore is really good. I mean its just two hours drive at normal driving...or has my expecation of roads in general comown after experiencing the Bangalroe roads for two years?

kbpm, actually i arrived at the arrangement during one such doodling at MSB (I think, cant 100% vouchsafe my memory)