Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ageing

1. I have absolutely no enthusiasm or energy to do any activity with the kids on my own - gone are the days when I would go on long drives with them, travel fourteen hours by flight or train, or just enjoy sitting around them doing some silly collages and finger paintin - all without any support from spouse or nanny.

2. My husband insists that we can no longer be refered to as a 'couple' - even by well meaning DJs at sundry parties. Its a term, he says, that is reserved for 20 somethings only.

3. My older one S, refuses to be part of any mom and kids dances.

4. My younger one, V, has assured me that I no longer need to carry milk powder and a flask of hot water whenever we travel.

Sigh, Sigh

8 comments:

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

time to have another child. :-)

Airspy said...

OMIGOD! No! No! NEVER! I am okay with my current retired life

Choxbox said...

seconding err.. thirding kenny.

or, you can come and join the party - my place. date - you decide.

PG said...

airspy, stop sighing. saw your pics on fb. you look amazing!
out with the secrets...

Airspy said...

cb, thanks, i prefer joining the party..very soon.
pg - i shall tell you the secret once i finish counting my grey hairs :-)

Choxbox said...

yes pg. the woman looks the same as she did when she'd emerge from the room next to next to mine all those years ago. why all this sighing i dont know.

P said...

airspy
belated anniv wishes! hope u had a good time. was waiting for the yahoo reminder - it never came?

gray hairs - can be a result of many other things. not a strong indicator anymore of age!

Choxbox said...

where are you?